Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back in Black

Okay. Mild freak-out over. Life exploded a little bit on me over these past couple weeks, and school regrettably took a backseat while I sorted things out, but I'm starting to get back on track. I know this quarter won't be my best, which is okay, but I'm still going to do the best I can to finish out strong. :)

In other exciting news, I finally got my wing tattoo finished last night! It hurt WAY more during this sitting than my first, but I'm attributing that to a couple things that were different this time.

1) My first sitting was at the tattoo convention last August, so the adrenaline rush of having work done in front of hundreds of people definitely helped keep my pain level down. No such rush in studio this time. The endorphins kicked in for a while, but they only stuck around for about 20 minutes, so there was a lot more ouch this time around.

2) The amazing art and interesting people that surrounded me the whole time were great distractions. There's a lot of great art in the studio, but being face down on a table kind of prevents you from looking at it.

3) I wasn't expecting to have to get so much touch-up on the wing that was already colored, so that was a bit of a surprise. Kind of like going in for a cavity filling and being told you need a root canal.

EDIT: Here's a picture! Don't know why I forgot to upload one in the first place. *facepalm*



Pain (and subsequent soreness) aside though, I'm really happy to have them done. I'm not lop-sided anymore! And it'll all be healed up when sun dress time arrives in a couple months. Which I am starting to get really excited for, thanks to the sunshine I've been seeing the past few days. I might have even trained myself to like IPAs by then too (my current beer-related project)!

Alright, time to wrap up my volunteer shift and head out for some coffee/food and study time. I'd like to do some more application reviews, but I've been having issues logging into the Sharepoint. I think it might have something to do with an unsecured wireless connection vs a secured connection. *shrug* Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

  1. The best part about getting a tattoo finished is when you realize you'll have have to get that spot tattooed again. I finished a full back piece last May and the pain is SOOOOOOOOO worth it when its done. You realize you can't talk about getting it finished without a picture right? PS. Thanks for stopping by HackLibSchool! Hope to "see" you around.

    Micah V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blar! I don't know why it never crossed my mind to upload a picture. Whoops. Here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tattoo is INSANE and firmly puts you into the lead as the most badass librarian. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tattoo! :)

    ReplyDelete